I guess it is safe to say that last week wednesday, I “vexed”. Well, some people said I did but you know I feel it is important to tell things as they are especially in an industry like this so I intend to keep “vexing” once in a while lol.
Personally, I feel that one of the solutions to the problems I highlighted last week is that there should be many CREDIBLE agencies and then every model will belong to an agency. This way, modelling agencies get to set a reasonable amount that models should be paid..Anyways, let’s talk about something else today, shall we?
As a model, what you bring to a shoot or runway show reflects how professional you are and I am pretty sure there’s no model that wants to be seen as unprofessional.
First of all, you need to sleep well the night before any photoshoot or runway show you have so you look fresh. Also, eat right.
Make sure to shave your legs and armpit and you know.. keep down there tidy as well.
keep your hair tidy and apply little or no makeup but ensure your face doesn’t look dull or sleepy
Your nails must be clean and free of nail polish.
Then, there are a few things you need to pack in a nice bag . You might not need all of them but its always good to go prepared
1. high-heeled shoes: this is a must. Even if you were told that there will be shoes, you still need to go along with yours. A simple black or nude pump will do just fine.
2. Underwear: for every shoot , show and fitting, you should wear black bra and panties(preferably g-strings). If its not black, then nude but NO other color. There’s nothing that screams unprofessional like a model coming for her job in multicolored underwear. trust me!! and a bra with removable straps will be perfect.
If you don’t feel comfortable wearing a g-string all day, just carry it along and use it for the duration of the shoot or show.
3.makeup: your makeup bag should include most importantly your foundation,brown powder and makeup removal wipes. You can put in any other makeup stuff you have. Although, there’ll probably be a makeup artist but you never know what might go wrong.
4. comfortable clothing: runway shows are popular known to have a lot of chaos backstage as models change quickly and get their makeup changed. Sometimes, you’ll find models running to their next changing spot in nothing but underwear backstage. To prepare you for this, i suggest you either wear an easy to put on and take off clothing item or you carry one with you.
5. deodorant spray: to keep your armpit fresh, clean and smelling nice.
6. Body oil or cream: This might not sound important to you but I like to carry body oil or cream along with me and it always always comes in handy. You can just get a little container and pour some oil or cream in it.
Lastly, put on your happy and confident personality and you are good to go!!
See you Next Wednesday
Model used in this post:- Binta Sani. check out her portfolio
For all the modelling related posts.. view styljunki’s models corner