I woke up to a Russian Model and all kinds of Fillets for breakfast…… Sigh , My bad ,that’s stuff for another platform. Apologies, I’m a busy person , I tend to mix these things up. Without further delay, today I would be discussing a serious issue , one that affects both Goose and Gander alike. Unfortunately, the only thing I know about female clothes is how to take them off, so I would be focusing on the male species (No Homo). Before I proceed further, it is important to state 3 things clearly . These three things form the foundation of this post, you would do well to commit them to heart as they are in your best interest ( do otherwise, at the peril of your own pocket :|)
1. The good work that we do on this site provides you with a substantial amount of Topnotch designers , cutting across all kinds of clothes. The next time you are on the verge of parting with lofty sums of money for pieces of clothing in huge shops, kindly pause for a bit and see if the Geniuses on this platform cannot meet your needs for fewer notes of Naira
2. If you live in Nigeria, it is important to realize that ASOS is your best friend; She’s a companion invented overseas by intelligent white people and delivered to you through a screen to meet your clothing needs at a trivial cost.
3. Finally, if you are a Student and you Live outside Nigeria, you must understand that the H&M store was invented for you to attain coolness at your Student’s budget. Failure to realize this would result in series of repeated Fasts, trust me , I know this.
I would be discussing two Top notch outfits and their cheaper alternatives .
Linen Oxford Shirts and Print Shorts/Pants
The dopest casual look to pull off (in the midst of all these people who have refused to Keep calm) ; would include a Linen oxford shirt ;Polo by Ralph Lauren (needless to mention). Print Shorts or Pants from Zara, Slippers from Gucci or something evil like that , a Trilby from Ted Baker and finally a pair of Aviators from Ray-ban. Personally, I think anything doper than this would just be cheating.
That outfit would set you back by at least 40k. On the other hand the alternatives below are not so costly;
- Replace the Linen Polo with a cheaper Linen oxford shirt from H&M, If you live in Nigeria, you would find very cheap offers on ASOS, and they deliver to your doorstep.
- Instead of Print Pants from Zara, you can buy the full Ankara Fabric from Daviva and get a tailor, still cheaper. Alternatively contact Orange Culture to hook you up, thank me later.
- Lose the Raybans, cop the cheaper alternative from ASOS (It’s nobody’s business). Lose the slippers , contact TTdalk to hook you up.
Classic Blazer , Chinos and Loafers/Brogues
This is one outfit many people manage to screw up, I ought to go around fining these men or something. Anyways, the standard is a grey blazer(Or Navy Blue) probably from one of those Italian Houses. Straight Chinos Pants (Personally, I recommend Calvin Klein’s) and Loafers (Italians are the best at this too).
The blazer alone in this outfit would cost you at least 30k, I am saving your life here, Sigh.
- Once again, ASOS would save your life. The only trick is , you must know your exact size in life as you do not want to buy an undersized jacket. The most important thing about buying a jacket on a budget is to be humble, avoid stripes, badges and funny cuts. It’s safer to keep it very simple. Finally, check this Site for Local designers who can help you
- You can’t really cheat with shoes, just stick to mid level brands like River Island and Burton, they can all be found on ASOS . Make sure they are brown or ermm blue, Penny Loafers are in your best interest
Finally, If you have to buy a watch and you want to double this watch as your Corporate and Casual watch (basically it’s your only watch in life) . Instead of coppin all those counterfeit versions of the real thing I see everybody wearing these days, I suggest you just buy a Classic Casio, the plastic One . They are durable, authentic and they make a decent fashion statement. People would think you are on your Theophilus London Swag (He invented Retro:|) , works for me though, then again that’s just me X_X
That would be all for today. As always, stay fresh..